Mark A. Goldsmith is a partner in the firms’ tax practice and has advised clients for over 30 years as to the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, corporate and partnership reorganizations, real estate transactions, partnerships, limited liability company and joint venture transactions, and syndications.
He has advised public companies, high net worth individuals, private equity funds as well as foreign investors in federal, state and international tax matters. He has represented clients in a number of industries, including energy, real estate, manufacturing, banking, healthcare, and software/technology.
Representative Matters :
- Counsels clients on joint ventures, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, workouts, and state and local income and transfer taxes.
- Advises on mergers, asset sales and other acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, and other capital transactions.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., 1986
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., 1981
- Touro College, B.A., 1978
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, New Jersey, Florida
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Rate : $$$