Mark P. Grajski is a partner in the Sacramento office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. He is a member of the firm’s Employment Litigation & Counseling and Wage & Hour Litigation practice groups. He is also a member of the firm’s National Trial Team. He has extensive experience representing clients in the retail, insurance, transportation, distribution, technology and agriculture industries in class and collective action lawsuits, as well as other types of high exposure claims.
During one year alone, Mr. Grajski secured three complete defense verdicts in separate jury trials, including a four-plaintiff lawsuit for racial discrimination and wrongful termination. He has tried cases involving claims of age, disability, race and sex discrimination, failure to accommodate disability, sexual and racial harassment, retaliation, independent contractor misclassification, exempt status misclassification, defamation and breach of contract. He also has wage & hour class action trial experience.
Mr. Grajski has a proven record of success in resolving cases short of trial as well, including through motions to dismiss, summary judgment, mediation and informal settlement discussions. He has secured a number of walk-away and nuisance value settlements, including the dismissal of a putative statewide class action for a single payment of $1,000 to the class representative in a case brought on behalf of approximately 500 call center employees.
Mr. Grajski regularly advises employers in all areas of employment law, including wage & hour issues, farm labor contracting, reasonable accommodation, leaves of absence, terminations, reductions in force and internal investigations.
- J.D., University of California at Davis
- Senior Research Editor, UC Davis Law Review
- B.A., Columbia University
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section)
- -Co-chair, Trial Advocacy Subcommittee of the Employment Rights & Responsibilities Committee (2013 to present)
- California Bar Association (Labor and Employment and Litigation Sections)
- Sacramento County Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
Rate : $$$