Mark R. Hellerer, co-leader of Pillsbury’s Corporate Investigations & White Collar Defense team, has more than 30 years of experience litigating international commercial disputes, white collar criminal matters and regulatory enforcement actions.
Mark represents individuals and corporations in criminal and regulatory enforcement matters; conducts internal investigations; advises on corporate compliance; and prosecutes and defends civil RICO, fraud and business tort claims.
He regularly handles civil, administrative and criminal matters involving antitrust; banking; environmental claims; the False Claims Act, FCPA and FATCA; money laundering; and securities fraud allegations. As a federal prosecutor in the Southern District of New York, Mark headed the Major Crimes Unit.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Representing multiple Swiss banks in the investigation of U.S. taxpayer accounts and negotiation of resolutions with the Department of Justice in the historic U.S.-Swiss Tax Non-Prosecution Program.
- Represented multiple international financial institutions in trade sanctions and anti-money laundering investigations.
- Represented multiple companies in criminal antitrust investigations, including a major international electronics company in a Department of Justice liquid crystal display cartel investigation.
- Represent international financial institution in DOJ municipal derivatives investigation
- Represented international companies in DOJ cartel investigations of carbon fiber, magnetic iron oxide, and thermal paper
- Represented senior executive in DOJ art auction dealer investigation
- Represented major international financial institution in investigation of alleged obstruction by senior executive
- Represented major financial institution in investigation of alleged senior mismanagement of subsidiary fraud
- Represented major electric utility company in multiple criminal environmental investigations
- Represented major international airline manufacturer in DOJ investigation of airplane crash
- Chairman, New York City Water Board 1995–2004
- American Bar Association (Litigation, White Collar Crime Subcommittee)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Stimson Medal Committee 1992–present, Judiciary Committee 1985-88, Federal Courts Committee 1991-94)
- New York Council of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- J.D., University at Buffalo Law School
- B.A., Fordham University
- Certificate, Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris
ADMISSIONS : New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of New York
CLERKSHIPS : Clerk to Chief Judge John T. Curtin, U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
Rate : $$$$