Mark S. Hersh concentrates his practice on the representation of policyholders who have disputes or potential disputes with their insurance carriers, with an emphasis on D&O, E&O, and other corporate and management liability insurance.
He also represents clients in connection with fidelity bond and reps and warranties coverage, and he counsels policyholders on insurance coverage outside the dispute context. In addition, Mark conducts investigations and litigates non-insurance disputes.
Mark is an experienced trial lawyer, appellate lawyer and investigator. Prior to joining Sachnoff & Weaver in 2000 (which later merged with Reed Smith), Mark spent nearly nine years as a federal prosecutor with the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago, receiving the Director’s Award for Superior Performance as an Assistant U.S. Attorney.
- Stanford Law School, J.D.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., Summa Cum Laude; Bronze Tablet; Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Illinois
Clerkships : Honorable Joel M. Flaum, U.S. Court of Appeals – Seventh Circuit
- Insurance coverage counsel to the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy estate
- Counsel to the FDIC in lawsuit against top executives of Washington Mutual Bank
- Coverage counsel to a major financial institution on E&O and fidelity bond issues
- Coverage counsel for a private equity firm in connection with claims against the firm and one of its portfolio companies
- Coverage counsel to major fund manager on E&O and D&O issues.
- Coverage counsel to major managed care organization in professional liability coverage disputes
- Coverage counsel to Qwest Communications in connection with $200 million settlement for coverage under its D&O and fiduciary policies, related to securities and derivative actions and DOJ and SEC matters
- For Raytheon Company, obtained coverage for several securities and derivative actions brought against the company and its directors and officers.
Rate : $$$