Mark C. Hobbs is a Founding Partner of the Firm. His primary areas of practice include estate planning, elder law, wills, trusts, probate, guardianship, business succession planning, and other matters involving family wealth planning and management.
His elder law practice includes assisting clients in the development of a comprehensive plan which maximizes the potential for eligible government benefits, including VA Aid & Attendance as well as Medicaid.
He also regularly advises nonprofit organizations in the formation, operation, and governance of tax-exempt entities. Mark is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Estate Planning and Probate Law.
Prior to law school, Mark held the position of Senior Associate in the Deloitte & Touche Corporate Finance Group, where his business consulting practice primarily involved the valuation of business entities and corporate merger and acquisition advisory.
Thereafter, he held the position of Finance Manager of Intrinsity, Inc., an Austin, Texas designer of high-performance microprocessors, where he developed and maintained the company’s business plan financials and assisted in a successful effort to raise venture capital funding.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas, J.D.
- Abilene Christian University, B.B.A.
- Baylor University, M.B.A.
Professional Associations And Memberships:
- Waco-McLennan County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Judge Abner V. McCall Inn of Court, 2013 – 2014
- Heart of Texas Estate Planning Council, Heart of Texas Estate Planning Council, 2009 – Present
- Trusts Committee – Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section, State Bar of Texas, Member, September 1, 2015 – Present
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member, April 27, 2015 – Present
- Texas Guardianship Association, Professional Member, October 7, 2015 – Present
Rate : $$$$