Mark T. Hurst is a Member in Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Louisville office and has been with the firm since 2006. He is co-chair of both the Business Litigation practice group and the Trust & Estate Litigation practice group. He has also served on the firm’s Board of Directors.
Honored with multiple recognitions on a national and regional level, Mark has a strong track record of client successes. His work at the firm includes representation of clients faced with complex commercial disputes, class action litigation, construction disputes, and fiduciary/trustee disputes.
Mark counsels clients ranging from small local businesses to Fortune 500 companies, and he has substantial experience handling cases and trials before state and federal courts.
Business Litigation: For corporate clients, Mark provides representation in sophisticated cases that include fiduciary and commercial disputes, among other issues. He has mediated cases involving commercial goods valued in excess of ten million dollars.
Trusts & Estate Litigation: Mark’s strengths as a litigator extend to disputes over family and trust assets. He once settled a case on behalf of beneficiaries to a holographic will for a $4.5 million estate after the court originally declined to admit the will to probate.
Tort, Trial & Insurance Services: Mark assists corporate clients in cases involving negligence, including the first and only of its kind to be tried by a jury in Kentucky. In resolving this matter, he obtained a unanimous defense jury verdict on behalf of a public utility accused of failing to properly maintain a streetlight in a motor vehicle accident.
Banking Litigation: Mark routinely provides representation for bank clients involved in lending-related disputes, such as breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
Construction Law: Mark supports business owners, developers and contractors in matters involving land use and zoning issues, along with contract and insurance coverage disputes.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 2001, J.D.
- University of Kentucky 1998, B.B.A., magna cum laude
- Kentucky Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, Brandeis Chapter, barrister member, 2007-2010
- Zoom Group, Board of Directors
- Actors Theatre, Board of Directors
- Habitat for Humanity’s Buildable House Program, firm representative
- Legal Aid’s “Ask a Lawyer” Program, volunteer
- Leadership Louisville Class, 2011
Rate : $$$