Mark Malaspina, a partner in Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey’s Business Services Group, has performed a wide variety of legal services for clients in business, industry and government. Mark is called upon often by other attorneys in business and government to render advice to them concerning unique or complicated legal matters.
A significant portion of Mark’s practice has involved commercial transactions, as well as project development and finance, negotiating and structuring all legal aspects of infrastructure and other construction projects from the conceptual stage through completion.
Recent representative experience includes electric power generation projects, electric transmission projects, wastewater treatment projects, water system projects and brownfield redevelopment projects.
Mark has provided legal services to a large U.S. utility for over 30 years, spanning a wide spectrum of matters related to public utilities, independent energy, real estate, governmental relations, infrastructure, construction, and commercial and business activities in general. Mark has served as lead outside counsel for project development, financing, contracting and construction matters for this utility.
Mark represented the unregulated subsidiary of this utility in electric power project development and acquisition throughout the world. Mark also represents other businesses in matters involving business structuring and governance, finance, contracts, real estate, and day-to-day operating issues.
Additionally, Mark has provided legal services to numerous state and local governmental and quasi-governmental agencies. Representative matters include constituent documentation and governance matters for boards and commissions, legislation, rules and regulations, contracts (including intergovernmental agreements), construction projects, purchase and sale of assets, election laws, economic development, workforce training and Freedom of Information laws.
Construction Documents/Project Documents/Contract Documents:
- Templates for construction documents for legislatively mandated solar power projects
- Contract templates for development and construction of large-scale electric transmission projects
- Contracts for construction of gas-fired electric power plants
- Intellectual property licensing agreements in electric, paint product and gaming industries
- Agreements to resolve disputes involving damaged underground and undersea electric transmission cables
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Sale of $60M interest in large-scale electric transmission project under development in New England
- Intellectual property licensing establishing basis for long-term acquisition of a South American company
- Potential acquisition of large-scale hybrid solar/gas electric power plants under development in U.S.
- Potential sale of large brownfield project involving former site of large-scale chemical plant
Rate : $$$