Board certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law, Mark Jacob focuses on estate planning, asset protection planning and income tax planning for individual and corporate clients.
Chair of the Firm’s Private Wealth practice group, he has implemented sophisticated estate planning and asset protection planning techniques for clients, including family limited partnerships, intentionally defective grantor trusts, charitable remainder trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts and self-settled spendthrift trusts.
Mark also represents individual and corporate clients on aviation matters, including advising on tax and structuring issues when purchasing an aircraft. Mark is a frequent speaker and presenter on these topics.
Representative Experience :
- Prepare wills, trust agreements and other estate planning and incapacity planning documents for individual clients
- Create family limited partnerships and implement more sophisticated estate planning and charitable planning techniques for individual clients, including defective grantor trusts, charitable remainder trusts and grantor retained annuity trusts
- Advise clients regarding asset protection issues and techniques, including limited partnerships and asset protection trusts
- Advise clients purchasing and selling airplanes, including structuring transactions to minimize or eliminate sales and use tax and qualify for like-kind exchange treatment
- Establish charitable organizations, including private foundations, public charities and supporting organizations, and advise clients regarding the administration of organizations
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas (Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section)
- Member, Generation X Estate Forum Study Group
- Member, Houston Business and Estate Council
- Former Advisory Board Member, National Christian Foundation Houston
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 1994
- B.A., summa cum laude, Westminster College, 1991
Admissions : Texas, 1994
Rate : $$$