Mark A. Jacobson has more than 30 years’ experience representing clients in antitrust litigation, investigations and counseling, contract disputes, class action litigation, franchise, dealer and sales representative disputes, appeals, temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions, health industry litigation and regulation, trademark, copyright and patent infringement cases, and other business disputes.
Mark represents both plaintiffs and defendants and particularly enjoys tackling complex legal issues that are intertwined with business issues. Mark is often retained by referral or as local counsel to guide litigants through Minnesota courts.
He has been a member of the Federal Practice Committee for the District of Minnesota, chair and member of the Minnesota State Bar Association Antitrust Section Council, and long-time member of the Minnesota State Bar Association Policy Committee and General Assembly.
Mark is also an experienced in mediation, arbitration, and other alternative dispute resolution techniques as an advocate, mediator, and arbitrator.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1987
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, B.A., 1983
BAR ADMISSIONS : Minnesota; District of Columbia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court — North Dakota
- U.S. District Court — Minnesota
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court — District of Columbia
- American Bar Association, Litigation; Antitrust; and Franchising Sections, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, former General Assembly & General Policy Committee Member; Litigation Section Member; Antitrust Section Council Member, Former Chair, Treasurer, Secretary
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- District Court for Minnesota, Federal Practice Committee Member, 2009-2012
- The Center for Victims of Torture, Board Member and Chair of Development Committee
- Bloomington, Minnesota, School District Gifted and Talented Advisory Committee, Member
- Peace Lutheran Church, Church Council, President, Vice President
- Morehead-Cain Scholarship Alumni Scholar Selection Committee, Member
Rate : $$$