Mark G. Jeffries focuses his practice in the area of labor and employment law. He has represented employers in wrongful discharge and discrimination cases in state and federal court, as well as before the West Virginia Human Rights Commission and the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission.
He also provides advice to employers on compliance with employment laws and in dealing with unions. In addition, Mr. Jeffries has represented numerous newspapers in defamation claims.
Before attending law school, Mr. Jeffries was a navigator in the U.S. Air Force, where he flew 85 combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan during two deployments to the Middle East. He received five Air Medals, an Aerial Achievement Medal, and the Combat Action Medal.
- Assisted employer in resisting union organizing campaign
- Represented employers in wrongful discharge cases brought under state and federal anti-discrimination laws
- Represented employers in claims before the West Virginia Human Rights Commission
- Represented international corporation in multi-district litigation over trademark rights
- Represented oil and gas drilling company in personal injury action related to injuries workers received on gas drilling platform
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.A. Concord University
- Harrison County Bar Association
- Associate Chief Justice, Moot Court Board
- CALI Awards for Excellence: Appellate Advocacy and Criminal Procedure
- Graduated summa cum laude, Concord University
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Board of Directors, West Virginia Trucking Association
- Executive Board, Allohak Council, Boy Scouts of America
Rate : $$$$