Mark Gaines lobbies at the local, state and federal level – in Alabama and Washington, D.C. – advising corporate clients on regulatory, legislative and economic development issues. His clients include companies in the telecommunications, road and bridge construction, financial, pharmaceutical and defense industries as well as municipal governments and educational institutions.
Having spent 15 years in state government and more than a decade providing government relations services, Mark has developed long-term personal and professional relationships with important decision makers at every level of government. He is skilled at building political coalitions to achieve client objectives.
Prior to joining Adams and Reese, Mark served as Probate Judge for Jefferson County and was elected to four terms in the Alabama House of Representatives. During his time in the legislature, he served on various legislative committees and commissions and served as the Republican Leader of the House and Chair of the House Republican Caucus. Mark has managed, consulted or counseled dozens of political campaigns, grassroots efforts and ballot initiatives, including races for Governor, judicial offices, and state legislative seats.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark was in private law practice concentrating in the areas of real estate, probate, wills, trusts and business entities. He tried many jury and non-jury cases to verdict in courts throughout Alabama.
- Birmingham School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Auburn University, B.A., 1979
Professional Affiliations & Memberships:
- Alabama House of Representatives, Member, 1990-2005
- Jefferson County Criminal Justice Coordinating Committee, Vice Chair, 2004-2005
- Jefferson County Coroner and Medical Examiner’s Board, Member, 1998-2005
- National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws, Commissioner, 1994-2005
- Probate Judge of Jefferson County, 2005-2007
Rate : $$$$