Mark S. Lafayette focuses his practices in the areas of commercial and intellectual property litigation, real estate, and entertainment. He represents clients in cases involving trademarks, including counterfeit product and license related litigation, copyrights, and trade secrets.
He also has extensive knowledge of business torts, construction, real estate, employment, and securities matters. Mark’s client base has included Fortune 500 companies, entertainers, authors, music publishers, entrepreneurs, and new technology ventures.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mark advises clients on trademark and copyright registration and protection, as well as advertising matters. He represents clients in real estate transactions, including those involving the purchase and sale of office buildings, condominiums, cooperative apartments, and residential property, and the lease of real property for various uses.
Mark has served as approved counsel to represent major insurance companies and their insureds in matters related to contracts, business torts, disability, life, intellectual property, employment, and media claims.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1984
- B.A., State University of New York at Albany, Political Science and Psychology, 1981, summa cum laude
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
Rate : $$$$