Mark S. Lange focuses his practice on transactional tax matters, counseling clients on domestic and international corporate mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures. Mark also has substantial experience in advising on a range of tax-exempt entity matters for clients, concentrated primarily in the healthcare industry. He regularly represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service and state departments of revenue.
- Obtained the first IRS private letter ruling involving a tender-offer procedure related to the private business use of the proceeds from tax-exempt bonds.
- Represented a large healthcare private equity firm in the sale of one of its portfolio companies that was a provider of medical equipment solutions to the hospital market.
- Represented a large joint venture in structuring its acquisition of a large senior living facility through a REIT structure.
- Represented a major international travel company in a possible tax indemnity claim related to a prior stock acquisition in which two states claimed that the acquired travel company failed to pay sales tax on travel-related services provided over the internet.
- Represented a private equity fund in structuring a partially tax-free reorganization of five portfolio companies into a new LLC holding company with new senior debt, mezzanine debt and preferred equity.
- American Bar Association
- Section of Taxation
- Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia: Tax Section
- Atlanta Bar Association
- J.D., Indiana University School of Law, cum laude
- M.S., Tax, DePaul University, with highest distinction
- B.S., Purdue University, with highest distinction
Admissions : Georgia, Florida.
Rate : $$$