Mark N. Lessard, Pillsbury’s global Finance practice leader, advises dozens of clients worldwide on high-stakes debt and equity transactions, many of which have won “Deal of the Year” awards.
Mark represents a global clientele, including lenders, lessors, investors, operators, underwriters, manufacturers, rating agencies and trustees engaged in complex cross-border asset-backed financings of every stripe.
He has in-depth knowledge of local and transnational rules governing the placement, pledge and recovery of aviation assets worldwide. Clients also seek Mark’s counsel on aerospace mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures and procurement processes in addition to aviation-related insolvency proceedings and highly technical contractual disputes.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented BNP Paribas and Goldman Sachs, as lead arrangers/joint bookrunners, in DVB Bank’s first ABS transaction, a $667 million 144A debt issuance and E Note private placement with leading private equity fund.
- Counseled Aircastle Ltd. on establishing an aircraft leasing joint venture and warehouse facility with Japan’s IBJ Leasing Co. Ltd., a general leasing company that is part of Mizuho Financial Group.
- Represented global bank syndicates in portfolio financings for aircraft leasing companies, including Incline Aviation’s $390 million warehouse facility and Aircastle Limited’s $400 million secured recourse portfolio loan covering 19 aircraft.
- Republic Airlines Bankruptcy. Represented Natixis In re: Republic Airlines, assisting with the restructuring of a portfolio of loans covering more than 50 aircraft.
- Representing liquidity providers and depositaries in over a dozen recent EETC transactions, including several ground-breaking issuances from international carriers such as LATAM and Norwegian Airlines.
- Representing several European, Asian and U.S. banks in more than a dozen recent secured debt financings transactions for American, Alaska and Spirit airlines, with an aggregate borrowing value exceeding $1.5 billion.
- Representing Embarcadero Aircraft Securitization Trust in the successful, first-of-its-kind-out-of-bankruptcy liquidation procedure for an aircraft securitization vehicle, which was conducted in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Representing various stakeholders and creditors in the American Airlines Inc. bankruptcy, including indenture trustees covering over 300 aircraft and a regional aircraft manufacturer.
- B.C.L./LL.B, McGill University, Faculty of Law, 2001
- B.A., University of Ottawa, 1997
ADMISSIONS : New York
COURTS : Delaware Chancery Court
Rate : $$$