Mark A. Levine has more than 40 years of zoning, land use, and real estate experience. He provides clients with strategic real estate and land use planning advice, assists clients in their cases before key local and state government agencies, and represents clients in obtaining and structuring municipal incentives.
Mark assists real estate owners and developers in connection with zoning changes, special permits, variances, and environmental and historic preservation matters.
Mark regularly appears before the New York City Planning Commission, Board of Standards and Appeals, Landmarks Preservation Commission, Department of Housing Preservation and Development (section 421-a and Inclusionary Housing projects), Economic Development Corporation, New York State Empire State Development Corporation, The Office of the Mayor, and the Department of Environmental Protection.
Mark also has over 35 years of economic incentive experience representing clients for 421-a, 421-g, and ICIP/ICAP applications.
Additionally, Mark has extensive experience counseling clients in the public review of large scale development projects such as the redevelopment of the 11.5 acre Domino Sugar facility in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, the New York Marriott hotel at the Brooklyn Bridge in Downtown Brooklyn, the Metrotech project in Downtown Brooklyn, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration’s regional headquarters, and the Oceana Project in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1969
- B.A., Union College, 1966
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York State Bar, Second Department
Professional Experience :
- New York City Office of the Corporation Counsel, Housing and Real Estate Division, Past Chief
- New York University, Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, Adjunct Professor
- City University, Graduate Center School of Urban Design and Architecture, Past Adjunct Professor
- Baruch College, Real Estate Program, Past Adjunct Professor
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Zoning and Land Use Committee, Chairman
- Citizen’s Housing and Planning Council, Executive Committee and Board Member
- Urban Land Institute, New York Advisory Council, Member
- Steven L. Newman Real Estate Institute, Board Member
- Oyster Ponds Historic Society, Board Member
Rate : $$$