Pillsbury Intellectual Property partner Mark D. Litvack has achieved an impressive record of securing favorable outcomes for clients in trial and appellate courts and ADR proceedings. Mark is an accomplished litigator with experience in trademark, copyright and general commercial cases from New York to California and from Florida to Washington.
He has won jury verdicts defeating multimillion-dollar claims and has won eight-figure jury verdicts for plaintiff corporate clients. As lead counsel, Mark has successfully defended numerous multimillion-dollar class action lawsuits across various industries. The value he delivers is evidenced by the many clients who repeatedly seek his services.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Serving as lead counsel for Fluidmaster in string of nationwide class actions alleging product liability engineering claims.
- Secured a $6 million+ jury verdict for AOL against Accenture LLP on a breach of contract claim in the wake of a failed technology consulting project.
- Defended Disney against multimillion-dollar claims alleging noncompliance with federal and state ADA laws. After the court reduced plaintiff’s claims, less than $10,000 in damages was awarded.
- Successfully defended AOL when sued by Augme over use of the Boombox trademark. Case dismissed with prejudice.
- Defended Sybron against multiple business tort claims stemming from a failed business venture. Despite plaintiff’s pre-trial demand of $3 million, case was tried to a jury with a judgment against our client for $5,000.
- In Midwest Theaters v. Imax Corp., defeated request to prevent termination of contract and obtained permanent injunction for defendant on plaintiff’s trademark violations.
- In ESS Entertainment v. Take Two, obtained summary judgment based on the First Amendment for defendant in trademark action involving top-selling video game.
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 1983
- B.A., Hamilton College, 1980
ADMISSIONS : California, New York
Rate : $$$$