Mark M. Maloney specializes in financial restructuring and insolvency matters. As a partner in our Financial Restructuring practice, Mark represents a broad range of clients in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and insolvency proceedings.
Mark represents debtors, official committees, secured and unsecured creditors, and other parties in interest in major Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and other insolvency proceedings. He has a national practice and has represented financial restructuring clients in 24 states and the District of Columbia.
In addition, Mark represents litigants in contested matters, adversary proceedings and other bankruptcy and insolvency litigation involving creditors’ rights, lender liability and alter ego liability. He is experienced in general commercial and tax litigation, and is admitted to both the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the U.S. Tax Court. Mark served previously as Co-chair of the Litigation Committee of the American Bankruptcy Institute, and was Co-chair and faculty member for the Institute’s Bankruptcy Litigation Skills program for 12 years.
Mark is a Fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy. He is also a Director of the American Bankruptcy Institute, and a Director and Program Chair of the Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute. He served previously as Chair of the Georgia State Bar Bankruptcy Section. He is also a Master of the Bench and Membership Co-chair of the Honorable Homer Drake Bankruptcy Inn of Court.
- J.D., Washington and Lee University
- B.B.A., University of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Tax Court
- Atlanta Bar Association, American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
Rate : $$$