Mark E. McDonald is member of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Mark McDonald’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and arbitration, including in disputes involving mergers and acquisitions, securities, and financial institutions. Mark joined the firm in 2011.
Securities and M&A Litigation
- National Amusements Inc. (NAI), Shari Redstone, and Sumner Redstone in Delaware litigation against CBS Corporation and certain members of its board of directors concerning CBS’s attempt to dilute NAI’s voting control of CBS, ending in a favorable settlement rescinding a proposed dilutive stock dividend and the dismissal of all claims.
- Kindred Healthcare in successfully defeating a motion for preliminary injunction in connection with its merger with TPG, Humana and Welsh, Carson.
- Several banks in various lawsuits brought under the Anti-Terrorism Act alleging the banks provided material support to terrorist organizations by providing wire transfers to charities or sanctioned entities.
- J. Aron (the commodities trading arm of Goldman Sachs) in litigation brought by oil producers claiming liens in oil they sold to SemGroup, which traded oil and derivatives with J. Aron; won summary judgment in the bankruptcy court, which was affirmed by the district court and by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Tatneft in proceedings to enforce a $112 million arbitral award against Ukraine in Washington, D.C. federal court.
- Latin American affiliates of international oil and gas companies in an ICC arbitration in New York relating to a dispute under a gas sales agreement.
- Notes Editor, Law Review, New York University School of Law
- Member, Second Circuit Courts Committee of the Federal Bar Council
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- New York University, B.A., 2006
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second and Ninth Circuits
Rate : $$$