Mark Moedritzer has been with Shook since 1987 and has extensive experience in bankruptcy matters, consumer credit litigation and Uniform Commercial Code litigation. He represents debtors, creditors’ committees and secured creditors in bankruptcy proceedings, and otherwise handles virtually all types of bankruptcy related matters.
Mark has also defended several director and officer liability claims in bankruptcy. Mark also handles a variety of consumer litigation matters, including claims relating to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and various other state consumer protection statutes. He further handles litigation involving lien priority disputes and other matters under the Uniform Commercial Code.
Mark has also acted in a supervisory role with respect to regional and national litigation. Mark has supervised a team of lawyers acting as regional counsel to one of the nation’s largest retailers and providers of consumer credit on bankruptcy, collection and credit litigation issues. He has also served as regional counsel for a national automotive lender in bankruptcy and credit matters.
- Representation of bank syndicate owed $600 million in Chapter 11 of Fortune 500 wholesale and retail lumber supplier.
- Representation of finance company holding $10 million in debt in Chapter 11 of trucking company.
- Assisted owner and largest unsecured creditor in Chapter 11 proceeding of a horse-and-dog racing track.
- Representation of creditors’ committee in Chapter 11 of printing company.
- Counsel to Fortune 500 food processing company as debtor in largest Chapter 11 in history of Kansas.
- Representation of furniture distributor as debtor in Chapter 11 liquidation.
- Representation of bank in a $37-million preference action in bankruptcy proceeding.
- Representation of former officers and directors of defense contractor in Chapter 11 breach of fiduciary duty action.
- Representation of former officers and directors of farm supply co-op in Chapter 11 breach of fiduciary duty action.
- Representation of former officers and directors of telecom company in Chapter 11 breach of fiduciary duty action.
- Assisted electronics company in bid to assume retail lease of Chapter 11 estate.
- Representation of major lessor in Chapter 11 of restaurant management company.
- Representation of creditors’ committee in Chapter 11 of insurance company.
- Representation of major drug company in Chapter 11 of one of its primary contract laboratories.
- Representation of oil company in Chapter 11 of manufacturer.
- Representation of credit union in defense of alleged Fair Credit Reporting Act violation.
- Representation of payday lender in class action alleging violations of various consumer protection statutes.
- Representation of national retailer in defense of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act claim.
- J.D., University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law, 1987
- B.A., University of Minnesota, 1983
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City, Young Lawyers Section, Board of Directors and Numerous Bar Committees
- The Missouri Bar
- Turnaround Management Association
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Missouri, Advisory Committee; Annual Regional Bankruptcy Seminar Planning Committee
Rate : $$$$