Mark T. Mullen has particular experience in federal court procedure, spoliation issues, and the economic loss doctrine. Throughout his career handling subrogation matters for more than 30 years, Mark has investigated fires in refineries, warehouses, commercial properties, and vehicles, as well as explosions, building collapses, energy losses, machine failures, and floods all over the country and internationally.
He has investigated failures in more than 20 states and six foreign countries and has tried cases or handled appeals in both state and federal courts in Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Many of the cases he handles involve confidential settlements with the recovery of substantial monies for both insured and uninsured losses. Last year he successfully represented multiple insurers in a $25 million commercial loss that occurred at a dock/oil storage facility in Freeport, Grand Bahama.
Mark is a frequent author and lecturer on legal issues with specialization on the topics of federal court jurisdiction, practice and procedure and spoliation of evidence. Mark is active in The Children of The Father Foundation, a nonprofit Catholic Ministry involved in spiritual and corporal works of mercy.
Mark is a summa cum laude graduate of St. Joseph’s University and a cum laude graduate of the Villanova University School of Law, where he served as a note and comment editor of the Villanova Law Review. Following graduation, he spent two years as a law clerk to The Hon. Donald W. VanArtsdalen in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1983
- St. Joseph’s University, B.S., summa cum laude, 1980
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program
Rate : $$$$