Mark D. Pflug advises on a wide variety of mergers and acquisitions transactions, buyouts and other private equity sponsor-led transactions, minority investments in public and private companies, divestitures, joint ventures and a wide variety of other corporate matters. Mark has particular and significant experience in the healthcare, technology, media and industrials sectors, as well as cross-border transactions.
Mark regularly represents private equity sponsors, both large-cap and middle-market, including KKR, Blackstone, Snow Phipps, Lexington Partners, Alvarez & Marsal Capital Partners, Charterhouse Capital Partners and Palladium Equity Partners. Mark also regularly works for strategic clients, including many of the portfolio companies of his private equity clients. Now based in New York, Mark has practiced as a registered foreign lawyer in the Firm’s Hong Kong office, and he also worked for eight years in the Firm’s London office.
- Blackstone in multiple transactions, including its investment in JDA Software, its investment in PEM Manufacturing, its sale of Emcure Pharmaceuticals (India) and its investment in Agile Electric (India)
- Air Medical Group, a KKR portfolio company, in its acquisition of Air Medical Resources Group and other matters
- Toshiba Medical Systems in its acquisition of Vital Images, a medical imaging company
- Alvarez & Marsal Capital Partners in its acquisition (through its PureStar laundry services platform) of United Laundry Services
- Lexington Partners in multiple secondary transactions, including Metalmark and interests in Asian-based portfolio companies owned by Warburg Pincus Private Equity XI L.P.
- Snow Phipps in its acquisition of Winchester Electronics Corporation and multiple other engagements
From 2000 to 2008, Mark was resident in the Firm’s London office, during which time he worked on many European cross-border transactions, including the acquisitions of U.N Ro-Ro Isletmeleri AS (Turkey, 2007); Alliance Boots plc (UK, 2007); ProSiebenSat.1 AG (Germany, 2007); Tarkett SA (France, 2007); NXP BV (Netherlands, 2006); PagesJaunes Groupe SA (France, 2006); BIS Cleanaway Ltd (Australia, 2006); FL Selenia SpA (Italy, 2005); SBS Broadcasting Sarl (Luxembourg, 2005); Maxeda (f/k/a Vendex KBB) (Netherlands, 2004); MTU Aero Engines GmbH (Germany, 2003); and Legrand (France, 2002).
Several of these transactions were the largest transactions of their kind at the time of announcement. The Alliance Boots acquisition today continues to rank as the largest-ever buyout in Europe and was the first relating to an FTSE 100 company.
Mark received his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 1995, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. He received his B.S., high honors, from Rochester Institute of Technology in 1992.
- Columbia Law School, 1995 J.D.
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Rochester Institute of Technology, 1992 B.S.
- magna cum laude
Admissions : New York 1996
Rate : $$$$