Mark F. Ram is an associate at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP, and focuses his practice on antitrust law and complex litigation. Mark devotes most of his work hours prosecuting antitrust class actions where CPM is court-appointed lead or co-lead counsel, including:
- In re Qualcomm Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.);
- In re Resistors Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.);
- In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Ill.); and
- In re Capacitors Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.).
Mark is also part of the CPM team challenging Vizio’s surreptitious data collection practices in the MDL, In re Vizio, Inc. Consumer Privacy Litigation.
After receiving his B.A. in the History of Art from Haverford College, Mark managed a small business in his native Western Massachusetts. He then transplanted to San Francisco where he worked as a legal assistant at a small employment law class action firm.
Mark subsequently attended the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where he received his J.D., with high honors. At Hastings, Mark served as an editor for the Hastings Law Journal and was a teaching assistant for Legal Writing and Research. He received awards for best moot court oral argument and best performance in Complex Litigation.
Following law school, Mark had the unique opportunity to clerk for two judges in the San Francisco Superior Court’s Complex Litigation Department: first for the Honorable John E. Munter (Ret.), and then for the Honorable Mary E. Wiss. Between clerking and joining CPM in 2016, Mark practiced with a national firm in San Francisco where he focused on class actions and products liability cases.
Mark lives in San Mateo with his wife Rachel and their infant son, Theodor. On weekends, the Ram family enjoys cooking together and exploring the playgrounds of the peninsula.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central and Eastern Districts of California
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- Haverford College, B.A.
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- San Mateo County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$$