Mark Rosman is a partner in the Washington, D.C., office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati and a member of the firm’s antitrust practice. With nearly 20 years of experience as a trial attorney and prosecutor in the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, Mark is well positioned to represent and counsel clients in connection with a variety of national and international antitrust matters, including cartel defense, criminal enforcement investigations, and merger and civil non-merger cases.
Global Competition Review, in its review of antitrust lawyers in the United States, referred to Mark as the “real deal,” while Chambers USA described him as a “‘top-tier’ criminal cartel and investigations specialist” and noted that he “is widely regarded as one of the leading criminal litigators in the antitrust space. He is described by sources as ‘a very experienced trial attorney.'”
Prior to joining the firm, Mark served as Assistant Chief of the National Criminal Enforcement Section in the U.S. Department of Justice’s Antitrust Division. In this role, he oversaw teams of trial attorneys and law enforcement agents who prosecuted numerous cartel cases and related violations, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations, bribery, wire fraud, obstruction of justice, and kickbacks.
Mark was lead attorney on many of the section’s most prominent enforcement actions, including the Antitrust Division’s investigation into air transportation price-fixing—one of its largest ever—which resulted in a record $1.8 billion in fines.
Previously, Mark was Special Assistant to the Directors of Enforcement in the Antitrust Division’s Office of Operations, where he assisted Directors and Deputy Assistant Attorneys General in criminal matters and merger and civil non-merger cases. He worked on many cases involving amnesty, recommended indictments, plea agreements, immunity, investigations, and case development. Mark began his legal career as a trial attorney in the Dallas field office of the Antitrust Division.
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law, 1991
- B.A., English, University of Pennsylvania, 1988
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Vice Chair, International Cartel Task Force, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution
- Non-Governmental Advisor (USA), International Competition Network
- Member, Cartel Working Group, Antitrust Section, International Bar Association
- Immediate Past Chair, Cartel and Criminal Practice Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association
- Member, Section of Criminal Justice, American Bar Association
- Bar of the District of Columbia
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Rate : $$$