Mr. Mark S. Sidoti– a commercial and products liability litigator and Chair of the Gibbons E-Discovery Task Force – draws on his more than 28 years of litigation experience to help his clients assess and surmount a wide range of business challenges that require savvy negotiation and, at times, aggressive litigation.
Whether the issues revolve around contract disputes, financial services, restrictive covenants, corporate medical litigation, or products liability, Mr. Sidoti combines his litigation skills with a broad knowledge of e-discovery law and information governance principles to help his clients navigate the critical cost/benefit analysis involved in every litigation and to reach the most favorable resolution in the most economical way.
Mr. Sidoti is a Director in the Gibbons Products Liability and Commercial & Criminal Litigation Departments. His varied litigation practice focuses on business and healthcare litigation of all types. He has handled high stakes cases in various business areas, as well as high profile catastrophic injury, wrongful death, and wrongful birth cases in the corporate medical arena, specifically in the clinical laboratory industry.
As Chair of the Gibbons E-Discovery Task Force, Mr. Sidoti heads an interdisciplinary group that provides counseling, training, and litigation-related assistance to companies on a full range of information management and e-discovery matters.
He is a frequently sought educator and lecturer in both his primary disciplines – clinical laboratory risk and e-discovery/information governance. He practices before the state and federal courts of New York and New Jersey, as well as throughout the United States.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D.)
- International Law Journal, Moot Court Board
- Best Brief Award, William Hughes Mulligan Moot Court Competition
- Fordham University (B.S., summa cum laude)
- Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Beta Phi
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Electronic Discovery Committee, Membership Chair – 2006-2008; Vice Chair – 2008-2010; Chair – 2010-2012
- Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Evergreen Project (Information Management, Preservation and Collection and Project Management Working Groups)
- ARMA International (formerly the Association of Records Managers and Administrators)
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center’s Institute for Business, Law and Technology (IBLT)
- Advisory Board Member
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Litigation counsel to several leading music Performance Rights Organizations in connection with copyright infringement, enforcement of licensing agreements, license fee recovery, and breach of contract matters. Obtained summary judgment in several matters resulting in precedential opinions.
- Counsel to leading automobile leasing company in a wrongful death action involving the death of three young adults. Case involved issues of vicarious liability, Dram Shop, choice of law, and negligent entrustment.
- Counsel to a leading international aviation ground services provider in a matter involving injuries sustained by accidental jet fuel release.
- Engaged by one of the world’s largest hospitality services companies to advise on and formulate a protocol for a company-wide remediation project involving more than 90,000 back up tapes.
- Engaged by a national telephone industry tariff filing and revenue distribution nonprofit to assist in the formulation of its corporate Litigation Response Plan, including litigation hold policies and procedures.
- Laboratory Litigation
- Lead litigation counsel to a leading clinical laboratory in professional liability, complex personal injury, and wrongful death matters throughout the U.S.
- National counsel to a leading clinical laboratory for cytology (Pap smear) litigation. Served as lead litigation counsel in litigations in New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California, Missouri, Washington, Texas, and Arizona, alleging that misread a Pap smear led to a delay in the diagnosis of cervical cancer and related damages.
- Counsel to the largest municipal hospital and healthcare system in the U.S. regarding its laboratory services, including contracts, multistate compliance, and risk management consultation.
- Information Governance
- Engaged as counsel to a multinational office and home products manufacturer regarding e-discovery counseling for ongoing class action litigation, as well as general information management and e-discovery best practices, IT infrastructure and data mapping, vendor selection, and relevant policy revisions.
- Engaged by a Fortune 200 pharmaceutical company to provide a formal opinion regarding e-discovery related risks relating to the company’s consideration of various options for upgrading its global telephone and voicemail systems.
- E-Discovery Law School Education
- Faculty & Planning Committee, Georgetown University Law Center, “Georgetown University Law Center’s eDiscovery Training Academy,” Washington, DC, June 2015
- Faculty Member, ASU-Arkfeld eDiscovery and Digital Evidence Conference, “eDiscovery – The Present and the Future,” Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, March 2014
- Guest Lecturer, Brooklyn Law School, “Rule 26: A Mock Meet and Confer Exercise,” February 14, 2013
- Guest Lecturer, Brooklyn Law School, “Ediscovery & Ethics: The ABA Commission on Ethics 20/20 Sharpens the Focus,” February 14, 2013
- Guest Lecturer, Brooklyn Law School – Evening Division, at the invitation of Professor David P. Horowitz, Esq., for his course “Electronic Evidence & Disclosure,” March 16, 2009
Rate : $$$