Mr. Mark Stephen Adams is a trial lawyer emphasizing complex civil trials in the areas of employment discrimination, wrongful termination, wage and hour cases, civil rights, insurance bad faith, and serious injuries. He is regularly asked to teach lawyers in continuing education events.
In a 2006 case in a San Joaquin County Superior Court case entitled the Chargin v. Stockton Port District. Mr. Adams was hired by the Port Commission as trial counsel in what turned out to be a three month jury trial involving nineteen plaintiffs who claimed 7.5 million dollars in damages resulting from the Port’s alleged maintenance of a nuisance. The jury returned 38 defense verdicts on behalf of Mr. Adams’ client.
Mr. Adams again represented the Stockton Port District in Federal District Court in Sacramento and obtained a $600,000 settlement against one of the Port’s insurance carriers, CNA who denied a covered claim.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Class of 1977, J.D.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Class of 1974, B.A., History, with High Honors
Associations & Memberships:
- San Joaquin County (President, 1986-1987)
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada, Recipient, President’s Award, 2004 (Board Member, 1995-2004)
- California Defense Counsel (Member, Board of Directors, 1999-2010)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Rank of Advocate)
- California Employment Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$