Mark D. Taticchi litigates complex commercial and appellate issues at the local, state, and federal levels. He also assists with white collar investigations and defending clients in criminal matters. His experience includes briefing and arguing appeals; investigating alleged violations of federal regulations; drafting motions; and filing formal bid protests on behalf of clients.
He also counsels clients on allegations of unfair and deceptive trade practices, consumer fraud, product misrepresentation, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Mark served as a law clerk to United States Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy and to the Hon. Sandra S. Ikuta of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Briefed and argued Second Circuit appeal challenging the constitutionality of increasing a defendant’s sentence on the basis of charges as to which he was acquitted.
- Drafted amicus briefs in support of certiorari in U.S. Supreme Court cases implicating issues of federal jurisdiction and antitrust law.
- Prepared successful objections to a Magistrate Judge’s report recommending certification of a nationwide consumer fraud class under Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 23(b)(2) and (3).
- Drafted Second Circuit brief seeking reversal of post-settlement modification of federal consent decree, arguing that modification failed to satisfy the requirements of Rule 60(b)(5) and, alternatively, that DOJ was judicially estopped from seeking the modification.
- Prepared pro bono appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, alleging violation of a suspect’s Miranda rights and seeking suppression of physical and testimonial evidence.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2010, Order of the Coif, The George Washington Law Review – Editor-in-Chief
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 2007
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, New York, Pennsylvania
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$