Mark D. Temple is an experienced trial lawyer with a focus on high-stakes business disputes and employment litigation. He has a national practice and also serves as the global practice group leader for Reed Smith’s Labor & Employment practice, which was ranked a “Powerhouse” in complex employment litigation by BTI Litigation Outlook 2019.
Mark has been described by Chambers USA as “an employment litigator who regularly handles significant conflicts for high-profile oil and gas clients across Texas.” Clients told Chambers that Mark is “an excellent lawyer” who is “very business-focused, efficient and understands our client goals,” “calm and even keeled,” “a skillful negotiator,” and “an excellent trial attorney.” Mark has been recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the “Top 100” lawyers in the State of Texas.
Mark has been quoted and recognized as a leading employment law practitioner by the Houston Business Journal, and has appeared on ABC’s evening newscast providing the employers’ perspective on workplace litigation.
Many articles Mark has written on employment law topics have been published in legal and business periodicals, including in Forbes. Mark is a co-author of two editions of the Labor Management Law Answer Book, published by Practising Law Institute, and is a frequent speaker at labor and employment seminars.
Mark has led many landmark cases that have made law in the Fifth Circuit. One of these cases was the lead story in Texas Lawyer newspaper, and another was featured in the Houston Chronicle newspaper and described as “a gripping cloak-and-dagger tale.”
- South Texas College of Law, 1995, J.D., Order of the Lytae; Articles Editor, Corporate Counsel Review
- Texas A&M University, 1992, B.B.A., Management, magna cum laude
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court – New Mexico
- Fast Track Litigation Trade Secret Noncompete and Employee Mobility
- Represented Callaway Golf Company and Chief Club Designer in trade secret case filed by Adams Golf.
- Represent global oil and gas trading company defending allegations of trade secret theft.
- Represent oilfield services company in employee raiding case.
- Represented international company in lawsuit filed by competitor alleging theft of trade secrets.
- Represented large equipment manufacturer against competitor claiming international unfair competition and theft of trade secrets.
- Successfully tried age and gender discrimination case filed by former vice president against international fund advisor company attacking decisions of C-suite executives.
- Successfully tried lawsuit filed by former general counsel against international company alleging breach of contract. Counterclaimed and won damages against the claimant.
- Represented employer in breach of employment agreement (commissions) lawsuit. Prevailed at trial.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of BMC Software, Inc. in an age discrimination case filed by an attorney attacking the hiring practices of the general counsel’s office.
Rate : $$$