Mark Theodore is a partner in the Labor & Employment Law Department. He has devoted his practice almost exclusively to representing management in all aspects of traditional labor law matters throughout the U.S.
Some highlights of his career include:
- Successfully negotiated the first contract for a shipping agency during constant threat by union to shut down Port of Los Angeles
- Successfully defended a major theme park when the NLRB sought bargaining order after the union failed in two elections
- Coordinated employer response in numerous strike situations, including at major Northern California nursing home chain, U.S. West (involving 14 western states) and Overhead Door
Mark has extensive experience representing employers in all matters before the NLRB, including representation petitions, jurisdictional disputes and the handling of unfair labor practice charges from the date they are filed through trial and appeal.
Mark has acted as lead negotiator for dozens of major companies in nearly all industries, including multi-unit, multi-location, multi-employer and multi-union bargaining.
In addition, Mark has handled hundreds of arbitrations involving virtually every area of dispute, including contract interest arbitration, contract interpretation, just cause termination/discipline, benefits, pay rates, and hours of work.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Cornell University School of Industrial & Labor Relations, B.S., 1987
Admissions & Qualifications : New York, California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Pennsylvania, Eastern District
- U.S. Supreme Court
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Labor and Employment Group
Government Service :
- Chambers USA: California: Labor & Employment (Recognized Practitioner) 2015-2018
- Chambers USA: Labor & Employment 2009-2010
- Best Lawyers in America 2016-2019
- Southern California Super Lawyers 2004-2010, 2014-2018
Rate : $$$