Mark Trigg is an accomplished trial lawyer who has litigated numerous complex cases throughout the country, including corporate and partnership disputes, class actions, defamation and media law claims, sports and entertainment cases, real estate disputes, securities litigation, labor and employment cases, breach of contract claims, and white collar criminal defense. Mark also possesses substantial experience representing corporations and individuals in government investigations, administrative proceedings and civil actions in federal and state courts.
A former United Methodist minister and a compelling public speaker, Mark has advocated for clients in jury and bench trials in federal and state courts of general jurisdiction, including on appeal; in specialized settings, including tax, and before administrative tribunals; and using alternative dispute resolution (ADR) processes, including negotiation, conciliation, mediation and arbitration.
- Emory University School of Law, 1986, JD
- Millsaps College, 1982, BA, Philosophy
- Emory University, M.Div., Candidate,Candler School of Theology
Admissions and qualifications:
- US District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- US District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- US District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
Mark has an impressive track record. Prior to joining Dentons in January 2018, he amassed, over three decades in private practice, a string of successful representations in high-stakes matter, including:
- Successfully defending a municipality and its department of aviation in a litigation brought by multiple frustrated bidders challenging the procurement process for airport concessions at the world’s largest international airport, a case valued at approximately $3 billion.
- Successfully defending a major international airline in numerous actions, including obtaining a defense verdict from a jury in a multimillion-dollar personal injury action filed by passenger, now a paraplegic, who claimed his condition resulted from an injury he sustained while on board a flight.
- Successfully defending a public school system and its faculty in an action brought by a student alleging failure to prevent bullying behavior and including claims of negligence, substantive due process, equal protection, Title VI and intentional infliction of emotional distress. The case was dismissed on summary judgment and the court’s decision was affirmed on appeal.
- Successfully defending a company (and its principals) that offered capital recovery services for securities class action settlements and commercial class action settlements, against claims of false and misleading advertising practices. Obtained dismissal of the case on all charges.
- Successfully defending the principals of an entity that sold interests in general partnerships formed to collect pools of charged off consumer debt in an SEC enforcement action, obtaining a trial court order dismissing all charges.
- Successfully defending the interests of one of the nation’s largest waste removal companies in a litigation brought by a losing bidder against one of Georgia’s largest counties challenging its contract procurement process.
Community Involvement and Pro Bono:
- Board of Directors, Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Appointee, Fulton County Blue Ribbon Justice Commission
- Instructor, Emory Law School, Trial Techniques Program
- Member, Gate City Bar Association
- Past President and Court Appointee, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Federal Defender Program, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$$