Mark E. Utke’s current practice focuses on the prosecution of complex product liability claims, wrongful death claims, construction defects, class action and fire litigation matters. Based on his extensive jury trial practice in New Jersey, Mark is recognized by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney, the highest distinction for New Jersey Trial Lawyers.
Mark has obtained several significant jury verdicts in the field of complex product liability litigation. He is the first attorney in the country to successfully obtain a jury verdict against the CSST industry and is also the first attorney to obtain a jury verdict against Marley Engineered Products, a leading manufacturer of space heating products.
He routinely lectures on subrogation and recovery issues and theories of liability to insurance adjusters, insurance recovery personnel, and professional associations. He also dedicates a significant amount of time to community pro bono projects.
Mark received his bachelor’s degree from the Virginia Military Institute in 1985 and earned his law degree at the University of Dayton School of Law in 1993. Prior to law school, Mark served as an Infantry Officer in the U.S. Army, where he attained the rank of Captain. While in the service, he competed for the title of Best Ranger in the Army.
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Virginia Military Institute, B.A., 1985
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Ohio; Pennsylvania; Vermont
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County (NJ) Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Rate : $$$