Mark H. Vacha has served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, and underwriter’s counsel, handling municipal bond transactions involving cities, counties, state, and commonwealth level entities, industrial and economic development authorities, and nonprofit entities, including hospitals, universities, and museums.
He also works as counsel in taxable bond transactions, debt restructurings, working capital financings, municipal securitizations, tax increment and special assessment district financings, and municipal derivative transactions.
Mark particularly focuses on matters related to disclosure and security law developments and served on the National Association of Bond Lawyers Securities Law Committee. He has spoken on developments in this area before the Council of Development Finance Agencies, the Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association, and the Government Finance Officers Association of Pennsylvania (GFOA) East Chapter.
He also has presented webinars and podcasts on public finance, including developments in securities law and Chapter 9 of the Bankruptcy Code. Mark received his undergraduate degree from Kenyon College. He earned his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law.
- Served as underwriter’s counsel on new money/refunding revenue bond transactions for large universities in the Philadelphia area totaling more than $300 million.
- Served as underwriter’s counsel for a $23.7 million new money/refunding bond transaction for a behavioral health provider in the Philadelphia area.
- Served as bond counsel to the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission in connection with the commission’s issuance of $140 million of variable rate turnpike revenue bonds.
- Served as bond counsel in connection with the Commonwealth Financing Authority’s issuance of $412 million of revenue bonds, Series A of 2018.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Kenyon College, A.B., 1992
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York; Pennsylvania; Virginia
- Government Finance Officers Association of Pennsylvania
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
Rate : $$$$