Mark S. Vecchio co-chairs the New York Corporate Group. Mark is a corporate attorney who represents clients in corporate and commercial transactions, with a focus on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, domestic and international project finance, international joint ventures, public-private partnerships, infrastructure development projects, and private equity transactions.
His clients include U.S. and international corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, financial institutions, and governments.
Mark has extensive experience in negotiating and drafting documentation for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, capital markets transactions, privatizations, energy and natural resource development projects, intellectual property transactions, and inbound and outbound international direct investments and financing.
He also counsels clients regarding infrastructure development projects, particularly those involving transportation, fossil fuels, and renewable and alternative energy. Mark has lived and worked in Canada and in several European countries before joining Venable. He speaks English, French, German, Swiss-German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish, and Portuguese.
- Represented a major Caribbean government-owned utility in major energy-related transactions, including financing and development of liquefied petroleum gas terminals, natural gas conversion projects, acquisition of power plants and other power generation facilities, long-term gas supply agreements, and operating and management agreements
- Represented a joint venture between a Texas construction conglomerate and an Australian pension fund manager in connection with multiple transportation-related public-private partnerships and infrastructure development projects and in the acquisition and disposition of a multi-billion-dollar LNG (liquefied natural gas) facility
- Represented a green energy technology company in connection with financing and development of waste-to-energy projects
- Represented a U.S. maritime company in connection with the creation of an international joint venture with a Danish shipping conglomerate
- Represented an Italian telecommunications company in connection with the acquisition of a U.S. mobile technology business
- Represented a French consulting company in connection with the acquisition of a U.S. strategic management consulting business
- Represented a U.S. digital media company in connection with the acquisition of multiple digital platform businesses.
- Represented a Dutch real estate company in connection with a commercial dispute with a global real estate developer
- Represented an Italian manufacturer of heavy equipment in connection with the structuring of U.S. and global distribution networks
- Represented a Brazilian industrial manufacturer in connection with the structuring of a U.S. distribution chain.
- J.D. Columbia University School of Law
- University of Munich, Germany
- B.A. magna cum laude, Distinction in Major (Russian and East European Studies) Yale University
- University of St. Petersburg, Russia
Bar Admissions : New York
Professional Memberships :
- Adjunct professor, Columbia Law School and Columbia Business School — teaches a course, Strategic International Commercial Transactions, to upper-level J.D., LLM, and MBA students
- Member, American Bar Association, International Law and Practice Section
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York (City Bar)
Rate : $$$$