Mark Frilot is a shareholder in the Mandeville office and concentrates his practice on construction law, construction litigation and commercial litigation.
In his construction law practice, Mark represents contractors, owners, developers, subcontractors, design professionals, and suppliers, and he has appeared and litigated claims before numerous state and federal trial and appellate courts.
Mark has particular experience in contractor licensing and design professional liability as well as public and private works claims and bidding disputes.
In addition to dispute resolution before trial and appellate courts, Mr. Frilot also has experience presenting and defending claims in arbitration and representing clients before regulatory bodies.
Mr. Frilot also advises clients during the construction process and assists clients in their efforts to resolve disputes before formal dispute resolution becomes necessary.
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D., 2001
- University of New Orleans, B.A., 1996
ADMISSIONS : Louisiana, 2001
- Represented subcontractor on subcontractor’s Miller Act claim in excess of $12 million on a federal project.
- Represented and defended soil stabilization contractor in a case involving an allegedly sinking shipyard, in which the plaintiff owner claimed more than $45 million in damages.
- Represented and defended a conduit manufacturer regarding a plaintiff contractor’s multi-million dollar claim for defective materials and resulting delay and impact claims.
- Represented local university in arbitration regarding multi-million dollar damages arising from design defects regarding renovations to an existing concrete structure.
- Represented numerous contractors regarding licensing requirements and before the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member – New Orleans Bar Association
- Member – Federal Bar Association
- Member – Covington Bar Association
- 2008 Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year for the Mandeville, Louisiana Office
Rate : $$$