Marsha A. Houstonis a member of the Financial Industry Group, practicing in the area of commercial restructuring and bankruptcy. Marsha’s clients praise her for her practical thinking, strategic advice and creative solutions.
Marsha focuses her national practice on the representation of financial institutions, private equity funds, hedge funds, secured and unsecured lenders, creditors committees, entertainment clients, trustees and investors primarily in litigation, enforcement, restructuring and chapter 11 reorganization matters, assignments for the benefit of creditors, a broad range of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights matters, and the protection of intellectual property rights.
She also negotiates and documents loan restructuring transactions, debtor-in-possession financing, asset acquisition agreements, out-of-court restructurings, and workouts. Marsha’s practice has included such industries as: entertainment, retail, manufacturing, real estate, airlines, mining, oil & gas, hospitality, time-share, leisure and resort properties, and health care.
Marsha regularly appears in bankruptcy cases in all California Districts, the District of Delaware, and the Southern District of New York. Marsha has represented clients in cases throughout the country including: Toys R Us, Illinois Power Generating Company, Vangaurd Natural Resources, Inc., Allied Nevada Gold, Millennium Healthcare, Fresh & Easy, KSL Media, Columbia House, Aramid Entertainment, Kodak, City of Stockton, City of San Bernardino, Circuit City, Coach America, Axium International, Blockbuster, Inc., Movie Gallery/Hollywood Video, Empire Land, LLC, and Cameo Homes.
- University of Texas School of Law, 1987, J.D.
- University of Texas at Arlington, 1983, B.A., Political Science
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Central District of California
Professional Affiliations :
- Financial Lawyers Conference
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Represent Agent Bank in $95 million loan restructure with California and Arizona home builder.
- Represent Agent Bank in $35 million equipment loan restructure with gold and silver mining company.
- Represent architecture and engineering company in $80 million claim dispute with coal power plant Chapter 11 debtor.
- Represent lender in $60 million real estate and yacht loan workout.
- Represent lender in $60 million retail/office mixed use loan workout.
Rate : $$$