Marshall L. Baker is a litigation associate in the firm’s Los Angeles office.Mr. Baker concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on multistate class action defense involving claims for consumer fraud, product defects, and false and deceptive advertising. Mr. Baker has substantial experience litigating cases in state and federal courts for clients in a range of industries, including automotive, communications, consumer electronics, pharmaceutical and retail.
He has defended numerous class actions involving claims for false advertising, unfair competition, consumer fraud, breach of warranty and product defects. Mr. Baker also has extensive experience litigating complex product liability cases, primarily involving pharmaceutical products and medical devices.
Mr. Baker received his J.D. from the University of California, Davis School of Law, where he was elected into the Order of Barristers. He received his A.B. with highest honors from the University of California, Davis.
- Mr. Baker’s recent representations include:
- several major pharmaceutical companies in high-stakes, coordinated proceedings arising out of prescription pharmaceutical products.
- a multinational clothing and accessories retailer in a putative class action involving claims for false and deceptive pricing
- a prominent automotive company in multiple putative class actions involving product-defect claims and alleging violations of numerous state consumer protection statutes, unfair competition and breach of warranty
- a major global technology company in several related putative class actions concerning alleged misrepresentations in the labeling of certain consumer and business products
- a telecommunications company in multiple putative class actions asserting claims for false and deceptive advertising and unfair business practices
- J.D., University of California, Davis, School of Law, 2014
- A.B., University of California, Davis, with highest honors, 2011
Rate : $$$