Marshall Beil has broad experience in litigation, intellectual property, corporate services, real estate and trusts and estates. His experience includes representation of individuals and domestic and international corporations in a variety of litigation, corporate and other matters.
Marshall has represented clients at numerous trials and arbitrations in complex commercial, intellectual property, trade secret, unfair competition and defamation matters as well as post-conviction death penalty and public interest cases, in federal and state courts and before domestic and international arbitration panels nationwide.
Marshall has also argued appeals before the U.S. Supreme Court, the New York State Court of Appeals, the 2nd and 6th Circuit Courts of Appeals, the Georgia Supreme Court and the Appellate Divisions of the New York State Supreme Court.
He has also been appointed by the New York Appellate Division, First Department, to serve as Referee to hear attorney disciplinary proceedings. Marshall served as law clerk to the Honorable John F. Dooling, Jr., of the Eastern District of New York federal court.
Marshall is a director and secretary of Spence-Chapin Services to Families and Children. He served as a director, treasurer and chairman of the Finance and Investments Committee of the Louis August Jonas Foundation, Inc., and is a past president of the Swarthmore College Alumni Association. Marshall is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the Federal Bar Council and the New York State Bar Association.
- Representation of major chemical company in complex contract litigations and trial in NY state and federal courts.
- Representation of national sporting association in governance dispute, including defeating preliminary injunction motion in federal court seeking to delay corporate election.
- On-going representation of global manufacturer of specialty papers regarding distribution, intellectual property and other contract matters in the Americas and Europe.
- Performed audit of cost overruns on a billion-dollar energy infrastructure project in New York State and defended and favorably resolved subsequent litigation brought by a contractor and project manager.
- Coordinated and litigated at trial court and on appeal breach of contract and FOIL matters for a large communications company relating to franchise agreements in the metropolitan New York region.
- Harvard Law School, JD, cum laude, Articles Editor, Harvard Civil Rights – Civil Liberties Law Review, 1971
- Swarthmore College, BA, 1967
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$