Marshall J. Mattera focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation. He has experience managing all stages of litigation on behalf of businesses, officers and other clients, including through settlement and trial.
Marshall is currently a member of the BakerHostetler team serving as court-appointed counsel to the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC (BLMIS), an unprecedented effort involving more than 1,000 lawsuits filed by the SIPA Trustee to recover assets for the benefit of defrauded BLMIS customers.
- Represented a New York contractor and officers in a multimillion-dollar Employee Retirement Income Security Act action brought by benefit funds to recover allegedly unpaid contributions in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a leading contemporary art gallery at trial in a multimillion-dollar commercial dispute in federal court.
- Represented a private equity firm in a multimillion-dollar breach of contract dispute in the District of Connecticut.
- Represented a major retailer in a multimillion-dollar bankruptcy in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a consumer product developer in a multimillion-dollar product licensing dispute in federal court.
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2008
- M. Phil., International Relations, University of Oxford
- B.A., Economics, University of Pennsylvania, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
Rate : $$$$