Martha (“Marti”) Chumbler practices primarily in the area of state administrative law. She has substantial experience in public procurement by state and local agencies and in protests of government procurement decisions.
Her experience incorporates significant involvement with state and local taxes; licenses, permits, and other approvals by state agencies, including AHCA, DBPR, DEP, and DFS, land use, public records and open meetings, and environmental matters, including agency negotiations and formal proceedings before agencies, the Division of Administrative Hearings, and the Governor and Cabinet.
Marti also has substantial experience representing clients in challenges to the rules and policies of state agencies. She is board certified in State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice by The Florida Bar.
- Florida State University (J.D., with honors, 1978)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1975)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Assistant General Counsel, Florida Department of Environmental Regulation (1980-1984)
- Administrative and Executive Clerk to Chief Justice Arthur England, Florida Supreme Court (1978-1980)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- Past Chair, State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice Certification Committee (2015-16)
- Member, State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice Certification Committee (2013-2018)
- Administrative Law Section (1984 to present)
- American Bar Association
- Chair-Elect, State and Local Government Law Section
- Section of Public Contract Law
- Trinity United Methodist Church
- Chair, Church Council (2014-2016)
- Co-chair, Adult Ministries and Congregational Connections (2016-present)
- Member (1976-present)
- Big Bend Habitat for Humanity
- Board Chair (2010-2012)
- Board Member (2007-2014, 2016-present)
Rate : $$$