Martha A. Hartley focuses her practice on representing international and domestic developers and commercial property owners in the acquisition, development, finance, and disposition of commercial real estate, including resorts, hotels, mixed use, condominiums and affordable housing projects.
In connection with her representation of developers, Ms. Hartley has assembled and led teams to achieve land use and zoning modifications for projects in both Central and South Florida, including obtaining comprehensive plan amendments, DRI modifications, and zoning and variance applications. She has also provided Florida real estate acquisition and operations guidance for a number of national REITs.
Ms. Hartley also has more than 25 years of experience in corporate practice and taxation, including mergers and acquisitions, entity formation and business succession planning. She also has substantial experience in association law, public finance and franchising. Ms. Hartley practiced as a certified public accountant in Fort Lauderdale prior to embarking on her legal career and incorporates this knowledge into her practice.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M. Taxation
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D. with honors
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S. with honors
ADMISSIONS : Florida
- Lender representation for $207 million agricultural loan.
- Acquisition and leaseback of Florida industrial facility for national REIT.
- Terminations of condominium regimes for Florida “fractured” condominiums.
- Obtained comprehensive plan amendment and PD modification for a 970-acre master planned resort.
- New Markets Tax Credit conversion of historic building to boutique hotel.
- Represented a real estate investment and development company in the sale of a $3.7 million shopping center.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Former Chairman – Orange County Bar Association Tax Committee
- Executive Committee Member – United Arts of Central Florida
- Former Member – The Florida Bar Foundation
- Member – Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
Rate : $$$