Martha M. Kendrick helps clients navigate the executive branch to solve regulatory issues in the health care sector. Her clients include hospitals and other providers, as well as large corporations, pharmaceutical companies, and national and state trade associations. In the course of her career as a practicing lawyer, she has represented clients in virtually every significant piece of legislation related to health care, Medicare and Medicaid.
Martie’s broad legislative advocacy encompasses congressional authorizing and appropriations committees, including the tax-writing Senate Finance and House Ways and Means Committees. She has significant experience in organizing and representing major national coalitions, including the Patient Access to Transplantation Coalition.
Martie represents clients before key relevant agencies, including:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- National Institutes of Health
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
- Legislative advocacy includes the Senate Finance and House Ways and Means
- For more than 25 years, has represented clients before Congress in almost every major piece of health, Medicare and Medicaid legislation.
- Spent 12 years at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in a variety of management and policy roles.Committees.
- Member and Founding Board and Steering Committee Member, Women in Health Policy.
- Senior Attorney Advisor, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1985
- M.A., Bowling Green State University
- B.A., Newton College of the Sacred Heart
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$