Martin Shulkin focuses his practice on business law and finance in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities law, venture investments and corporate and commercial finance.
He has handled numerous business transfers for both public and private companies in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, software, manufacturing, medical device, construction and retail industries, and advised both boards of directors and special committees in related strategic matters.
Mr. Shulkin has served as outside counsel to manufacturing, life science and software companies in technology licensing, supply, and distribution arrangements both in the United States and in cross border transactions.
He has represented pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the acquisition and sale of a variety of therapeutic and diagnostic products, and software companies in development, distribution and service agreements.
Mr. Shulkin has also worked with boards and management in developing strategic and business plans, including strategic partnerships and collaborative arrangements.
- Represented Quest Diagnostics, Inc. in the acquisition of the assets of the outreach laboratory business of Cape Care Healthcare, Inc., which operates numerous outpatient centers throughout Cape Cod, including Cape Cod Hospital and Falmouth Hospital.
- Represented The Pediatric Physician’s Group at Children’s, Inc., the community-based physicians organization affiliated with the Boston Children’s Hospital, in a restructuring and entity formation to expand the community-based doctors group.
- Represented Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX) in a series of acquisitions of the outreach clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology businesses of UMass Memorial in Massachusetts and New England.
- Represented Systagenix Wound Management LTD in various acquisitions and licensing transactions of intellectual property and/or medical devices in the field of wound management, as well as in product development, distribution and supply arrangements in the US and Europe.
- Represented Wright Medical Technology Inc. in the acquisition of an orthopedic ankle system from a Netherlands based owner and manufacturer, including post acquisition European manufacturing and distribution agreements.
- Represented US/Russian based custom software developer in multiple software licensing and maintenance agreements and its sale to large Russian software company.
- Represented Elkem ASA, a Norwegian based energy and minerals company in technology licensing and development transactions with fortune 100 company, as well as early stage development agreements.
- Represented a New England based regional bank in its purchase of revenue bonds from Massachusetts Development Finance Agency and subsequent loan to a large non-profit charity in connection with the acquisition and redevelopment of a number of its facilities.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Health Law Section
- Boston Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Association for Corporate Growth
Rate : $$$$