Martin D. Beirne is a formidable trial lawyer with experience in complex business, intellectual property, market representation/franchise, and antitrust disputes. He represents clients in the energy and automotive sectors, including ConocoPhillips and General Motors.
Martin’s expansive practice includes the representation of clients based in the Middle East and Europe in international arbitrations encompassing contractual issues, transactions, and other matters.
He also represents corporations, officers, and other individuals in investigations initiated by various government authorities. Martin has advised on internal investigations for major companies dealing with whistleblower matters, claims of racial bias, and allegations regarding sensitive payments, among other issues.
Called a “Lion of the Texas Bar” by Texas Lawbook, Martin has held leadership roles with numerous professional organizations, including the Texas Bar Foundation, American Bar Association, and Institute for Transnational Arbitration. He also serves as the Chairman of the St. Mary’s University Board of Trustees and is a director of the Memorial Hermann Hospital Foundation and the Houston Grand Opera.
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law, 1969, with honors, St. Mary’s Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief, 1968-1969
- B.S., Spring Hill College, 1966
Bar Admissions : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- St. Mary’s Board of Trustees, Chairman
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Institute for Transnational Arbitration
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Environmental Law Institute Associates Program
- Texas Bar Foundation – Board Trustee, Director, Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation – Director, 2005-2008
- Advisory Director, University of Houston Law Foundation
- Commissioner, Texas Access to Justice Commission
- Greater Houston Partnership, Business Issues and Environment Committees
Rate : $$$