Martin G. Burkett serves as co-chair of Akerman’s M&A and Private Equity Practice. Martin represents public and private companies and private equity funds in a variety of corporate transactions, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions.
Martin’s practice includes structuring and negotiating complex business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, going private transactions, venture and growth capital investments, debt and equity financings, and securities offerings.
He regularly represents portfolio companies of private equity clients and other companies with respect to all of their corporate transactions, and effectively serves as their outside general counsel. In addition, Martin represents investors and companies in a broad variety of distressed corporate situations, including distressed acquisitions.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 1995
- B.A., Williams College, 1992
Bar Admissions : Florida
- Year Up South Florida, Founding Board of Directors
- Alliance Of M&A Advisors (AM&AA) South Florida Chapter, Board Member
- Williams College, South Florida Alumni Association, President
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellow
Rate : $$$