Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Health Law, Martin R. Dix focuses his practice primarily on pharmacy and drug distribution law. His clients encompass nearly all aspects of the legal drug delivery system, including pharmacies, pharmacists, and pharmacy benefit managers; drug wholesalers; drug and dietary supplement manufacturers; retail medical oxygen dealers; and compressed medical gases wholesalers.
He has also represented a variety of other health care providers and entities, such as physician practices, health care clinics, clinical laboratories, mental health centers, home health agencies and hospitals. Clients rely on Martin for counsel on pharmacy and healthcare-related licensing, regulatory, HIPAA, Medicaid and Medicare, contract and reimbursement issues.
With a comprehensive understanding of the state and federal regulatory agencies, Martin represents clients before the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Florida Board of Pharmacy, Agency for Health Care Administration, Florida Department of Health, Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Drugs, Devices and Cosmetics, Office for Civil Rights, Medicaid, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Agency for Persons with Disabilities, Florida Disabilities Council, Florida Attorney General’s Office, Division of Administrative Hearings, Florida Governor and Cabinet, and other state and federal agencies.
Martin is an active member of Akerman’s Cannabis Practice, which provides counsel to clients on the complex legal and business issues impacting companies with interests in the medical and adult-use cannabis industries. He has represented medical marijuana dispensiries and treatment providers on a myriad regulatory issues.
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 1985, with honors
- B.S., Florida State University, 1977
Bar Admissions : Florida
- Legal Services of North Florida, Inc., Past President, 2003-2005; Board Member, 1996-2017
- American Society for Pharmacy Law, Board Member
- American Health Lawyer’s Association, Member
- Chinese Children Adoption International Florida Advisory Council, Past Vice President, 2004-2005
- Tallahassee Families with Asian Children, Founding Board Member; Past President, 1999-2001
- The Florida Bar, Environmental and Land Use Section, Former Member; Health Law Section, Member
- The Florida Bar, Continuing Legal Education Committee, Past Section Representative, 1986-1988
- Tallahassee Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$$