Martin Hayes is a highly regarded litigator, who focuses his litigation practice in the areas of general civil and administrative litigation. Martin works with motor vehicle dealers in all aspects of the motor vehicle dealer-manufacturer relationship. He represents national and public dealer groups and individual and multi-line dealers.
Martin’s clients rely on his counsel with respect to the modification of dealer manufacturer franchise agreements, and navigating the ever-changing state laws affecting the dealer-manufacturer relationship.
Martin represents auto dealers in litigation, mediations, and informal settlement conferences on issues as diverse as acquiring additional dealerships, warranty audit issues, facility upgrades, terminations, and buy-sell turndowns.
Martin also represents employers in matters such as employment discrimination, wrongful terminations, and whistleblower cases. He advises a variety of manufacturers and businesses in breach of contract cases, assists consumer lenders in preparation and review of contracts, lease agreements, and assorted contracts.
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 1992
- B.S., Florida State University, Political Science, 1977
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Florida Automobile Dealers Association, Associate Member
- National Association of Dealer Counsel, Member
- Capital City Tiger Bay Club
- Pro Bono Counsel Tallahassee Homeless Shelter
Rate : $$$