Martin L. Monaco, Jr. represents healthcare providers in governance, regulatory, tax, joint venture, and mergers and acquisitions matters. With an MBA and an LL.M. in taxation, Martin’s national practice provides legal counsel based in a practical understanding of the demands and shifting business and tax landscape of the healthcare sector.
With a practice counseling myriad sector participants, Martin counsel hospitals, nursing homes, universities, ambulatory surgery centers, medical device companies, specialty pharmacies, and single and multispecialty medical practices.
Martin advises nonprofit private and public foundations of all sizes on tax issues such as private inurement, private benefit, and excess benefit transactions, as well as unrelated business income taxation, joint ventures, conflicts of interest, and governance issues.
- LL.M. in Taxation, Villanova University School of Law, 1989
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 1985
- M.B.A., Seton Hall University, 1985
- B.A., Rutgers University, 1982
Bar Admissions : New York; New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Tax and Accounting Interest Group, Chair (2014-2017); Past Vice Chair (2012-2014)
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$$