Martin D. Werner is co-chair of the financial institutions practice group and is a former member of the firm’s Management Committee. Marty is a lawyer, Certified Public Accountant (Inactive), and Certified Fraud Examiner. Marty has extensive experience in the representation and organization of banks and bank holding companies.
He regularly assists community banking organizations with merger and acquisition matters. Marty represents financial institutions in both public securities offerings and private placements and provides ongoing counsel regarding reporting obligations under the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934.
As a part of his practice, he also assists his financial institution clients with general corporate and tax matters. Marty handles financial institution regulatory enforcement matters and has experience in fraud and employee misconduct investigations.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University, 1981
- B.A., The University of Toledo, 1978
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Ohio, 1981
- Michigan, 2007
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- St. Joseph Catholic Church, Sylvania, Ohio, Finance Committee
- St. Ursula Academy, Board of Trustees, past Trustee
- St. Francis de Sales High School Foundation, Toledo, Ohio, Board of Trustees, past Trustee
- St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center Foundation, past Trustee
Rate : $$$$