Marty Bax focuses his practice on complex product liability litigation with an emphasis on defending tobacco companies in wrongful death and personal injury lawsuits. He has experience in all key stages of litigation, including initial case evaluation, fact investigation and development, depositions, motion practice and settlement negotiations.
Marty has advocated for his clients in mediation and has been a member of numerous trial teams that achieved successful results for the clients.
Marty maintains an active pro bono practice. He has worked with Missouri Coalition for the Right to Counsel and served as lead attorney to successfully defend indigent individuals who have been charged with felonies. Marty has also effectively defended minors accused of crimes in family court proceedings.
Marty is a member of the firm’s Associates Committee and Innovations Committee. He is also active in the firm’s attorney recruitment and mentoring efforts and served as a supervising attorney and social chair for Shook’s summer associate program.
- J.D., University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law, 2013
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award (Products Liability)
- Phi Delta Phi
- Ethics Week Committee
- B.A., University of Missouri – Columbia, 2009 (Biological Sciences)
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
Rate : $$$