Marty Brimmage is a trial lawyer with a nationwide reputation of delivering favorable results to his clients in a wide range of settings, including courts at the bankruptcy, state, federal and appellate levels, as well as in arbitration proceedings.
Marty is particularly adept at developing litigation and trial strategies to meet clients’ commercial imperatives. He handles a full range of contested matters and adversarial proceedings in complex Chapter 11 proceedings. Marty leads teams in matters across the country and has particular experience in energy and mining disputes.
Representative Work :
- In a case before the Southern District of New York, achieved a complete dismissal of all claims asserted against four telecommunications companies. The suit alleged seven contract and business tort claims related to a dealer agreement and totaling $120 million.
- Before the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in a case of first impression, obtained a reversal of district court and affirmation of bankruptcy court that a noninsider creditor’s claims can be recharacterized as equity.
- After a two-week hearing in an arbitration proceeding, obtained an award granting all of plaintiffs’ claims involving a commercial property, including attorney’s fees and denying all of defendants’ claims.
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment for a plaintiff commercial development landowner on declaratory judgment claims and claims to quiet title against a national homebuilder and the lis pendens it filed regarding a contract for the purchase and development of approximately 200 acres.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center,cum laude, 1995
- M.B.A., University of North Texas, magna cum laude
- B.B.A., University of North Texas, magna cum laude
CLERKSHIPS : U.S.B.C., Northern District of Texas
- New York
Rate : $$$$