Mary (Amy) Cazes Greene practices in the area of litigation. She has more than 20 years of litigation experience, handling insurance and commercial matters in federal and state courts in Texas and Louisiana.
Ms. Greene regularly handles litigation involving commercial disputes, personal injury, products liability and property claims arising as a result of general liability, professional liability, energy and construction casualties.
She has experience defending agents for insurance placement errors and agents sued in rescission actions initiated by insurers. Her experience also includes representing domestic and foreign insurers in declaratory judgment and bad faith actions, as well as the counseling of insurers on issues of coverage, claims handling, multi-insurer disputes and extra-contractual liability.
- Louisiana State University Law Center
- J.D., 1991; Moot Court Board; Chancellor’s List
- Louisiana State University, B.S., 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- Handled hundreds of matters on behalf of domestic and foreign insurers. Representation includes prosecuting and defending declaratory judgment actions and providing coverage opinions and insurance counseling for insurers. Since joining Phelps Dunbar’s Houston office in July 1998, her primary insurance representation has been on behalf of Lloyd’s London and other insurance companies in the London market.
- Represented national home health equipment provider in wrongful death matter regarding home oxygen delivery system for claims of manufacturing and design defect, failure to warn and breach of warranty.
- Represented domestic and foreign insurers in suits for declaratory action on commercial general liability and professional liability policies for determinations as to coverage and extra-contractual liability, including multi-insurer disputes, allocation issues arising from construction defect claims, and determinations of coverage related to pollution events.
- Represented oilfield services company in numerous matters throughout Texas involving claims of personal injury, premises liability and products defect related to equipment failures, oilfield work site accidents and transportation risks.
- Present and prior defense of national scaffolding company in numerous litigation matters involving personal injury arising from construction site accidents and contractor indemnity disputes.
- Represented national elevator company in defense of claims related to design and installation defects of residential and industrial elevators.
- Represented national industrial rental equipment company in numerous matters arising from personal injury due to alleged equipment failures and claims of design and manufacturing defect and failure to warn.
Rate : $$$